Over-indulgence doesn’t have to come at the cost of your mid-section. Satisfy your palate and delight your taste buds with this delicious three-course meal full of guiltless pleasure.
Chicken Salad Tartlets
Makes 30 Servings
Calories Per Serving: 52
1 ¼cup finely chopped cooked chicken breast
½cup finely chopped crisp-cooked bacon
2 tablespoons chopped onions
2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
2 tablespoons low-fat sour cream
2 teaspoons lime juice
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon low-sodium salt
1 avocado halved, seeded, peeled and chopped
30 baked miniature phyllo dough shells
1. In a mid-sized bowl mix chicken, bacon, and onion.
2. In a small bowl stir together mayonnaise, sour cream, lime juice, mustard, and salt.
3. Add mayonnaise mixture to chicken mixture, stirring to combine.
4. Add chopped avocado, gently tossing to combine.
5. Spoon mixture into phyllo shells.
Makes 4 Servings
Calories Per Serving: 207
2 chicken breasts, skinned, boned, and halved
1 6 oz can pineapple juice
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
6 cloves garlic
½teaspoon of salt
¼teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil or canola oil
1. Prepare marinade by combining pineapple juice, lime juice, vinegar, garlic, salt, oregano, chili powder, pepper and olive oil.
2. Pour over chicken and marinate in the refrigerator at least 2 hours.
3. Pre-heat oven to 400.
4. Drain off marinade and bake for 35-40 min or until chicken is cooked.
5. Baste chicken with marinade and cook 5-10 minutes longer.
Vegetable Antipasto of carrot, celery, and sliced cucumber sticks.
Makes 6 Servings
Calories Per Serving: 14
5 egg whites
½teaspoon cream of tartar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
⅔cup granulated sugar
½cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
1 10-ounce package fresh frozen raspberries in heavy syrup, thawed
1. In a bowl, beat egg whites until foamy.
2. Add cream of tartar and vanilla. Beat 1 minute.
3. Gradually add sugar 1 tablespoon at a time. Beat until egg whites stiffen.
4. Spread mixture evenly over 10-inch round pizza pan covered baking sheet to form a circle.
5. Use a spoon to smooth center and edges.
6. Bake in a 275 F oven for 1 hour.
7. Cool on wire rack for 1 hour.
8. Spread vanilla yogurt over meringue.
9. Top with berries. Appetite
by Sarah Edmiston